Saturday, March 3, 2007

Birth of the Concept

I registered the domain name www.watr.info on Friday February 23rd 2007, at 2:22pm, and started working on it right away. The ideas flowed into my mind. As if God was handing them to me on a flyer. "WATR for the thirsty mind." and "Have you had your WATR today". Since then I contacted Promethiusradio.org, sent KPFK an e-mail for advice and support if they were inclined. I added a petition to the WATR site.

Promethius Radio wrote me back. Through my own research and through them I've learned that the FCC issues FM licenses periodically. The application window for an FM license is 5days, and they announce it three months in advance.

Thus far several people would like to do a show.

Right now it is imparative to get a FM broadcasting license from the FCC, this is what I'm working on.

We are also working on the internet stream and podcast for WATR.
Our goal is to have some audio on the site one way or another by Wednesday , 7th 2007

No comments: